1. Get a jump start on JSTOR! Watch a brief introduction to learn how to access, search, cite, and save your research.
2. JSTOR COUNTER Usage Statistics. This webinar will cover access instructions for JSTOR Admin, and go in-depth on how to retrieve and read usage statistics for the COUNTER 4 & 5 reports. Special attention will be given to the transition between C4 and C5 reporting standards, and what this means for the calendar year usage reporting on JSTOR. We’ll also look at holdings files and other account information available in JSTOR Admin.
3. Ready to super-charge your research skills? Join a 30-minute session in which we discuss ways to use the award-winning Text Analyzer, the JSTOR Workspace, our expanded Understanding Series, and explore JSTOR Daily as a vehicle for research and discovery.
4. Coming Soon! How to build search skills with JSTOR. This webinar will highlight several features of JSTOR that can help students build search skills and craft better research strategies. The session will cover: search tips for JSTOR’s Basic and Advanced Search; overlooked features that can enhance the discovery of content; and Text Analyzer, a new type of search that helps find relevant content and scaffold knowledge in new areas.
5. Coming Soon! Digitizing printed Arabic journals: is a scalable solution possible? Digitizing Arabic-language scholarly content presents a number of challenges: how can it be done cost-efficiently, accurately, and at scale? JSTOR recently concluded work on a National Endowment for the Humanities funded project to investigate these questions. We invite you to join ITHAKA’s Anne Ray and John Kiplinger with Matt Miller from the Open Islamicate Texts Initiative as we discuss our approach and findings, contextualize them in the broader landscape of Arabic-language scholarly publishing and licensing, and report on some areas for further research.