In 2020, research and review articles accepted in the listed IOP journals where a KAUST affiliated author is the corresponding author, the article can be published Open Access at no additional charge (free APCs are for research papers, special issue papers and letters). Please follow these steps.
- While submitting articles, corresponding authors must ensure their primary affiliation is set to KAUST to be identified by IOP. The authors do not need to select open access during submission.
- Identified authors will receive notification of the OA arrangement during peer review, or around acceptance. Identified articles will be opted in to open access under the agreement automatically.
- The author will need to agree to the CC-BY open access license.
- Authors can opt-out of the open-access agreement, and should contact the journal after receiving notification of identification if they wish to do so.
- In both cases, KAUST authors will not be subject to any additional Article Publication Charges (APC).
- If an author has not been notified of the agreement but believes they qualify, they should contact the journal to confirm eligibility.
This agreement will only support KAUST authors to make their article Open Access, without any extra payment of APCs or administrative process. Author(s) are still responsible for all publishing-related activities, including preparing the manuscript and correspondence during the publication process with the publisher, reviewers or co-authors, as usual.
If you need further details, or a meeting, or presentation to your team - please email us at email@example.com
You can also read IOP Press Release